Trust Amendments

Dear Len & Rosie,

We finished our trust in 2003. We would like to change our beneficiaries. One of our charities is out of business and we would like to give that charity's share to another. Our original lawyer has moved and the new lawyer wants to charge us to "talk" to us before he will tell us how much it will cost to change the trust. Can we cross out the old list and handwrite changes ourselves? We are only in our 50's and expect that there will be other changed down the line. This is getting expensive.