Dear Len & Rosie,

My mother passed away last May without a will. My stepfather is in the hospital right now with only days left to live, again without a will. I do not have a power of attorney. My step-father's physician at the hospital wrote a letter stating that my step-father is unable to make decisions and has a terminal disease. How do I get conservatorship or anything related so that I can handle his affairs? There isn't much but what there is I would like to take care of.